"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!" Psalm 127:3-5a

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Mommy/LilBit Update: Week 35

The time to meet our little one is sooo near! In fact, it could really be any time now. Which is nuts. I wouldn't mind him coming a little early but I'd like to stay pregnant for a few more weeks at least. Whatever time LilBit decides to make his grand arrival, we will be ready! We have his bassinet set up and his whole side of the room all decorated (pictures to come soon!). 

I've started my weekly doctor and ultrasound visits. So far, so good! LilBit's measurements were even better at the last ultrasound, going from being in the 90th percentile to the 67th percentile! He weighed in a few ounces under 5lbs which is right where they wanted him to be. The insulin is working amazingly well for me and for him-- praise God! He passed his first heart monitor test too.

Also, we had our maternity photo shoot today with Davey Morgan Photography! We went up to Bonclarken for the shoot since that place means so much to David and I-- plus it's a beautiful setting for pictures. We had so much fun and I cannot WAIT to see the great shots that Davey got! Such a great friend and photographer!

Feeling: Getting more and more tired by the day it seems but I still love being pregnant. I love feeling LilBit's kicks and wiggles-- except when he kicks me in the ribs, which he has been doing quite often as of late. 

Cravings: Ice cream. I wish I could just eat ice cream all day, every day. 

Food aversions: None. 

Weight gain: I've reached the 25lb mark now so I will probably stay under 30lbs for my total and I'm hoping to lose the baby weight quickly too since it's all my belly. 

LilBit: He is now the size of a honeydew melon! He is around 18 inches long and weighs over 5lbs! His kidneys are fully developed now and his liver can process waste. His physical development is mostly complete, he really just needs to put on a little more weight. He is practicing his breathing too-- I got to see his little lungs going to work on my ultrasound this past Friday! He doesn't have room to do somersaults anymore like he used to but that doesn't keep him from still being a little wiggle worm. He loves to punch and kick and stretch out. He is also head down so we are hoping he stays that way in case he decides to come early.

Baby Purchases: We've been so blessed with all the baby showers and gifts that we have received so far. They have definitely kept his upcoming arrival exciting instead of worrisome as we are almost fully prepared now for him to come home. We have received many adorable clothes, books, rattles, diapers and wipes, and so much more. We also now have our bassinet, stroller, and carseat (all our big necessities) which make it all seem that much more real! 

No comments:

Post a Comment